Thank you for your patience while we take care of your request!
Presenter: Jay Goldberg, CEO, DTR Inc
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of venues teaching work readiness. However, in survey after survey, and focus group after focus group, business owners and senior management still complain about the work readiness skills of their new (and existing) employees. This is because in the vast majority of venues, work readiness training is performed incorrectly. In fact, a member of the National Skills Standard Board, who was familiar with many of the work readiness training programs being conducted throughout the United States, commented that many programs “do more harm than good”.
In this webinar, Jay Goldberg, who developed a work readiness training program called the best in the United States by a member of the National Skills Standard Board in January of 2003, will discuss the importance of work readiness training, how to evaluate existing work readiness training programs, how to construct an effective work readiness training program, and the management philosophy that best supports a harmonious work environment. Remember, the objectives of workplace training are to improve productivity and reduce costs, so training is much more than just employee development.
• The effectiveness of, and proper time to use different training vehicles.
• The difference between demonstrated-competency-based training and assessment-based training.
• The attributes of an effective work readiness training program.
• The topics that should be included in a work readiness training program.
• How to evaluate and choose/customize/implement the right formal work readiness training program for your company.
• An informal approach to teach work readiness in a busy workplace.
• A management philosophy to help get the best out of your workers.
This webinar is for business owners, senior management, human resource staff, training development staff, and all supervisors who manage people.